Material design Hacker News client for Android, uses official HackerNews/API, Dagger for dependency injection and Robolectric for unit testing. Ad free, open source Hacker News client, designed for both phones & tablets, with optimized speed & network usage.
– Browse top stories, best, newest, show HN, ask HN, jobs & user profiles
– Submit story, comment & vote, multiple HN accounts supported
– Catch up with best stories from past day, week, month or year
– Search, share stories, save for offline reading
Flexible reading options:
– Multiple themes, adjustable font & text size
– Colour-coded, collapsible comments thread
– Readability mode/external browser options
The project is open source at github. Project Source Code Download Link is given below. Public APIs are provided by Hacker News, Algolia and Readability.
All articles and comments in the app are displayed as is, provided by Hacker News, and not owned by the publisher of this app.
- JDK 8
- Latest Android SDK tools
- Latest Android platform tools
- Android SDK 28
- Official Hacker News API, user services (e.g. login/create account/vote/comment) rely on redirect requests to Hacker News website
- Algolia Hacker News Search API
- Mercury Web Parser API
- [Android Jetpack]: appcompat-v7 / recyclerview-v7 / design / cardview-v7 / preference-v7 / customtabs
- Square Retrofit / OkHttp / AssertJ / Dagger / LeakCanary
- RxJava & RxAndroid